Monday, January 3, 2011

Commonly Asked Questions about Locations

I am so excited about 2011 I just know that it is going to be a fabulous year, in spite of me turning 41 this year. I can not believe that I can now say that I am in my 40's, but I just feel that it is going to be a great year for everyone.

One of my favorite things about the new year is just that, the newness of everything. It is almost like a new beginnings and that sometimes is a good feeling. I am not one that puts much stock into new year's resolutions, I would rather try and constantly be on the path to improve my life in all areas and aspire to be better than even the day before. Some days that works and some days.....not so much.

An area that I am passionate about is my blog, I have set my goal of three blogs per week or more but at least three per week. I read and think about weddings all the time and I know there are lots of questions that people have and they want answers. So I guess maybe instead of a new year's resolution, I will just say that I am passionate about weddings and events and want to be a source of help to everyone and I am going to strive for paying closer attention to my blogs each week. Please keep sending me questions and helping with choose topics that cover the areas where most questions are. So without any more delay, today's topic is based on questions that I have received about Locations.

Commonly asked questions on locations.

1-Do I have to use the vendors that have deals with my chosen wedding/reception venues?

Some venues expect you to use their own caterers and florists etc. You can sometimes veer away form this but at a heft cost. You might have to pay a fee to the "house vendors" for not using them, in addition to paying your own vendors.

2- How do I find out about the venue's policies so they are not sprung on me at the last minute?

Ask for a list of rules detailing all the dos and donts. Some of the most popular things to ask, What types of alcohol can you bring in to the establishment? What types of lighting is allowed, Candles for example are not always accepted. The biggest question "How early can you and your team get into the venue to set?

3-What should I do if the weather doesn't cooperate on my wedding day?

Make sure you have a contingency plan in place and use it.

4-Am I expected to pay for guests if I am having a destination wedding?

You are only expected to pay for the wedding-night dinner and the morning brunch, if you have one. There are many extra events you could shell out for but no guest will expect a free flight and hotel stay.

I hope this information proves to be helpful to each of you and please follow my blog and tell your friends. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment