Friday, March 5, 2010

Signature Elements

I think that every wedding should have elements that are unique for their wedding. I call these signature elements. Here are a few examples, feel free to use all or parts of these elements. Have fun with them change them up make them your own, it is your wedding after all.

Bloom With a View

I have done some fabulous floral arrangements in the past, but my favorite was the ones from a wedding that I did at Trinity Episcopal Church in Apalachicola. I filled urns with blooming pear branches for the alter, and in front of them I filled glass cylinders with bunches of white french tulips fully open, they actually looked like magnolia blooms they opened so wide. In front of those vases I lined two rows of tiny clear votive cups and placed white candles in them. The arrangement was so beautiful.

It's a small world.

LuLu's Sweet Expectations is my favorite Pastry Chef in Port St. Joe, she has the cure for any sweet tooth. I will defy you to find a better baker. She is the best.

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, why not come up with a individual, miniature cake design small enough for each guest to have their own. You could do chocolate with buttercream, or vanilla with a raspberry filling. LuLu can even match a signature flower or other element from you invitation or program. Just small enough to cure each guests sweet tooth.

Till we meet again, good bye friend. I hope this inspires you.

Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment