Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More Signature Elements

Where is our fall weather, I was so enjoying the cooler temperatures the last couple of weeks. Please come back to us. Okay so Fall Weddings are my most favorite simply for the fact that I love all of the colors of the sunsets this time of year.

I am constantly reading up on the latest trends for weddings and events as well as just everyday floral arrangements. One of the books that I am looking at a lot lately is "Southern Weddings....New Looks from the Old South" by Tara Guerard. It is a great book, I got mine at Amazon.com but I have seen it at other book stores.

My favorite parts of this book are the items under Signature Elements, which as I have stated before is one of the best ways to put your mark on your event and make it all your own.

Here are some of the Signature Elements from Weddings that Tara has done that I absolutely love.

Quilt Trip

Before the wedding ask each guest to mail them a piece of fabric, once you receive the final swatch have those pieces of fabric made into a quilt. That Quilt can be used as the canopy for your arbor, the table cloth for you guest sign in table, great way to include those guests that might not be able to make it, this will serve as a reminder that they are with you on your wedding day.

Best Buds

Because Orchids are edible, use them to accessorize food and drink. For example place a tiny bloom in each champagne glass, and garnish each slice of wedding cake with the same.

These are just a couple of great ways to put your mark on your wedding and make it more personal.

Stay Tuned for more and Happy Planning.
Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment